Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 package (14 ounces) smoked turkey sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cartons (32 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) light beer or 1-1/2 cups additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup seafood seasoning
- 5 bay leaves
- 4 medium ears sweet corn, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes
- 1 medium red onion, quartered
- 2 pounds cooked snow crab legs
- Pepper to taste
- In a stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown sausage.
- Stir in broth, water, beer, seafood seasoning and bay leaves.
- Add vegetables; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add crab; heat through.
- Drain; remove bay leaves.
- Transfer to a serving bowl; season with pepper.
Source: Taste of Home